What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reduce photo size before emailing

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I recall correctly (I have not tested this recently), the mail program on the iPad will ask if you want to reduce the file size (if it is larger than standard). You can test this yourself by emailing photos of various sizes to yourself. Otherwise, you will need to find an app to reduce the size.

BTW, I just tested this on my iPad mini running iOS7.0.3. I had an image of 1.7MB that I attempted to send to myself. The mail app resized this image to be about 300kb!! It's not even asking.

Last edited:

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if you put a large photo in an email, the size will show above the subject line. YOU can click that and get options to change size.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if you put a large photo in an email, the size will show above the subject line. YOU can click that and get options to change size.

Yes, that is the key. It automatically picks a size which is already scaled. But you get four choices and one is actual size. You just have to remember to click on the size number that appears once the photo is included within the email.

Most reactions