What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reduce Motion and slow page loading

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This strange issue still exists in 10.2: if Reduce Motion is DISabled (in Settings > General > Accessibility), then page loading in Safari often hangs for many seconds, as long as a minute. Not all sites are affected; this one certainly is. I have no idea what's going on, but the effect and solution are repeatable by simply toggling that one switch.

So, if slow load times are annoying you, check first that Reduce Motion is enabled.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since the 10.2.1 update, the reduce-motion trick no longer works, and some pages never finish loading. In particular, another forum I read uses vBulletin, and the javascript menus won't drop down. But, I accidentally discovered a workaround: when the blue progress bar stalls, flip up the Control Center and toggle wifi off, wait a second, toggle wifi back on, close Control Center, and the menus work as they should.

Here's another site where this works: The Jigsaw Puzzles . Pick a puzzle, tell it to start, then watch it stall until you try this trick. (BTW, I am addicted to these puzzles!)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts