What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

redsnow + 4.2.1 jailbreak questions thanks

rian123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI i have an ipad 3g (unlocked i think! came with a mobile phone deal from 3 any way to def check its unlocked?)
anyway i wanna jailbreak without upgrading my os which is 4.2.1 with redsnow i think version... (any reason this is not best software to do this?)

im using faq from ipad forums here
which states just to download latest version of red-snow (any particular version best/ or any other software better?)

problem is the multiple choices to download on the ipadforums Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPad

im at odds as to which one to get -its between
ipad1,
3g gsm,
3g cdma?

i have an ipad + 3g so which one do i download and explain why? thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have an iPad1, so it's the first link. The second set of links are for the iPad2 if you look more closely...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I would strongly recommend upgrading to 4.3.3 now unless you have a very good reason not to.
4.3.3 is stable and the vast majority of JB tweaks are compatible. I believe that if you stay on 4.2.1 now you are just storing up a more difficult upgrade for the future...
Your choice, but going to 4.3.3 then jailbreaking with redsn0w would be my advice.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are on 4.3.3 are you not Marie? I am sure I remember the upgrade. You were on 4.3 tethered, then we got you onto 4.3.3 untethered and agreed we could just leave you there as long as you were happy...

4.2.1 is really old now... You don't have that, I'm sure of it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you still have 4.3.2 or even 4.3.1, that's not a big issue. The changes were minor in the grand scheme of things.

Most reactions

Latest posts