What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

redsn0w_0.9.6rc11 released

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The dev-team have updated redsn0w with a couple of fixes.

First, it doesn't give non iPad users the setting to select what the mute switch does any more - LOL

Secondly, it gives you the option to have an animated bootlogo again, just like we had on 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n - YAY!

More details at the dev-team blog.

It should be safe to run this over the top of your jailbroken device, however you MUST NOT select the "install Cydia" again!

If you don't want animated bootlogo functionality there is no need to run it at all!

Fill yer boots!

Last edited:

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice, but cant the boot logo be installed manualy with dpkg ?

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, but cant the boot logo be installed manualy with dpkg ?

To be honest I didn't try it on rc9, but I assume that although you could easily install the packages, the jb actually needs to invoke the "animate" module during boot which it probably wasn't doing... I think that's what rc11 does.

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
To be honest I didn't try it on rc9, but I assume that although you could easily install the packages, the jb actually needs to invoke the "animate" module during boot which it probably wasn't doing... I think that's what rc11 does.

Now this makes sence.thank you

Most reactions