What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Eye Removal

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know how I can remove red eye from pics on my iPad? I was really disappointed to discover Photoshop Express does not have that functionality.

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have the Red Eye removal too, in the built in Photo software. Camera Roll-Select Photo-Edit (Top Left)-Red Eye Removal Tool at bottom of screen. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - iPad 2

OP
T
Reaction score
Welsh Gas said:
You have the Red Eye removal too, in the built in Photo software. Camera Roll-Select Photo-Edit (Top Left)-Red Eye Removal Tool at bottom of screen. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. (I have been away from Internet for 3 days ). I did not know about that editing. Fantastic!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what the screen looks like after you click the edit button on a photo in your camera roll.Notice the red eye removal button at the bottom center.

image-2672463494.jpg

Porcupine8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the photo app doesn't actually edit the photo files. If you edit them then try to upload them somewhere, or even open them in another app, your edits will be missing. Very annoying, I'm not sure what they were thinking with that one. What good are edits that ONLY exist within the Photo app?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree...it is so silly that the edits can only be seen in the native photo app. I cropped a whole bunch of photos, looked great and tried to save them in another app, only to find that they were the originals before cropping! Does not make sense!

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have been able to crop and remove red-eye on a number of photos, save them to the Camera Role and then copy from the Camera Roll and insert in an email and also in documents produced in Pages and Keynote. The crop and red-eye edits were retained.

Reaction score
My purpose of responding to this post was just let you know that I had same question in my mind and I was trying to recall it and share for getting information, Thanks to all of you for making me aware about this. LOVE YOU!

Porcupine8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know, I just went back and tried this again, and this time although if you look at the .jpg file (I can do this via iFile through jbing) the edit isn't there, it seems to properly export the edits to other apps and for uploading. I wonder if they quietly fixed this in 5.1 or 5.1.1? (I only upgraded from 5.0.1 recently due to the jb, so I wasn't using 5.1 the last time I tried editing in photo app.)

Most reactions

Latest posts