What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Bull Air Race—The Game Gets Winter Update

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
1732-1417817911-7ae98d35e5607cd8fbba97d85220c53d.jpg

The incredibly popular Red Bull Air Race game has had a massive winter content update, which features a new location with several courses, a new campaign with new races and events, and new aircraft paint jobs.

Iceland is the new, suitably wintry, location, featuring four new courses, with 60 events to master. If you win match-ups against six pilots from the Red Bull Air Race, you’ll also unlock holiday paint jobs which will only be available until the beginning of January.

Players will also notice changes to how you equip aircraft in the hangar, with the five previously available upgrades now divided into five sub-steps, so that players can, if they so wish, upgrade some mechanisms earlier than previously.

As well as the new holiday paint jobs, the update also introduces the option to paint aircraft in an expanded range of national colours, with the original two of America and Canada being joined by Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Brazil and Japan.

Here are some of the game’s main features:

· The official 2014 Red Bull Air Race World Championship game for iOS and Android

· 2 different game modes: Career and Tournament

· 10 unique locations on 3 continents: Pilot Camp in Brazil and race courses in places like Rovinj (Croatia), Abu Dhabi (UAE), Putrajaya (Malaysia), Las Vegas (USA), Ascot (UK), Forth Worth (USA) and now the Bonus Series (Iceland)

· 59 unique courses, including every official location in the Red Bull Air Race World Championship 2014
· 6 different aircraft for the release: Extra 330LX, Extra 300SR, Edge 540, MXS-R, Edge 540 V3, and Corvus Racer, with 5 upgrade packages for every aircraft and 210 different paint jobs
· New global online tournaments with leaderboards every week
· Over 200 races in the campaign mode
· Rocking music by Heaven’s Basement, AWOLNATION, Blitz Kids, Five Knives, and Beartooth
· Localized in 10 languages: German, English, Italian, Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Russian
· Regular content updates in development
· Matchups with all 12 Master Class pilots from the Red Bull Air Race World Championship 2014 and 11 pilots from the Challenger Class:
· Master Class
o Hannes Arch (AUT)
o Peter Besenyei (HUN)
o Paul Bonhomme (GBR)
o Kirby Chambliss (USA)
o Matthias Dolderer (GER)
o Matt Hall (AUS)
o Nicolas Ivanoff (FRA)
o Nigel Lamb (GBR)
o Pete McLeod (CAN)
o Michael Goulian (USA)
o Martin Šonka (CZE)
o Yoshihide Muroya (JAP)
· Challenger Class
o Tom Bennett (GBR)
o Cristian Bolton (CHI)
o Mikael Brageot (FRA)
o Luke Czepiela (POL)
o Petr Kopfstein (CZE)
o François Le Vot (FRA)
o Halim Othman (MAS)
o Peter Podlunšek (SLO)
o Daniel Ryfa (SWE)
o Claudius Spiegel (GER)
o Juan Velarde (ESP)

Click here to download the free game: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/red-bull-air-race-the-game/id906605173?mt=8

Source: Red Bull Media

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I can try all these cool action games with my new iPad air 2. I was always concerned with playing with my iPad 2 and how it would work with the processing speed. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I can try all these cool action games with my new iPad air 2. I was always concerned with playing with my iPad 2 and how it would work with the processing speed. :)
I know what you mean about processing speed. Even when posting here I can see that the new iPad Air 2 is much faster than my iPad 4.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about processing speed. Even when posting here I can see that the new iPad Air 2 is much faster than my iPad 4.

Yes...and can you imagine how the iPad 2 would have performed? I don't think I would've even tried to be honest.

Most reactions

Latest posts