What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red battery of death

Old Boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!
Hi thanks for prompt reply have charged overnight and still the same result I do not have a laptop or mac just an I pad I have taken a photo
of the screen on a htc phone but do not know how to send a pic
to let you see.Will try to access a mac and see if I can do a dfu on
I tunes thanks again Gerry
First, plug it into a wall charger and let it charge for at least 20 minutes. Then see if resetting will solve the issue. You won't lose data or settings when you do it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, then release both. The iPad should power up on it's own. If it doesn't, restore it using iTunes on your computer: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Hope that helps.

Redbatbars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF! Chances of a dead battery are high, but once we have never seen the battery sign with 3 red lines, I'd request you to post a screenshot of the problem you are having. Knowing that it is impossible for you to post a screenshot from your iPad, you can use any other device that you have to take a picture and post it here. 1. Where on screen does the battery sign appear? Top right corner, or the centre of the screen?
20151204_201112.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What does this mean?

This is the screen you'll see if you plug your iOS device into power, but the batter is so low that it can't restart. Give it an hour (more likely few minutes) and it should boot up and continue charging. If it does not there may a problem with either the charger or the iOS device itself.

If it were an iPad, I'd suspect that the power supply is the wrong one, or dead. Since it's an iPhone, then almost any powerred USB plug should work (if the cable is not defective).

It's possible the iPhone might give this screen temporarily in other circumstances, like right after telling you to shut doen or plug in the device. But it shold be temporary. (I'm not sure if this is the screen that shows in those cases).

Most reactions

Latest posts