What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recovery Mode Failure

Louie7oaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Well I got the iPad into recovery mode and connected to iTunes. I got the message that the restore to factory settings was complete and that it was restarting. Cue the Apple logo with an empty progress bar underneath it.
And that's it. The progress bar stays empty and nothing else happens. I've repeated the process a few times after restarting the Mac, but it's the same thing every time.
Not sure what to try now.......
frown.gif

Any assistance gratefully received.
Louie

OP
Louie7oaks

Louie7oaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should add that my problems came about after buying a new Mac. It wouldn't let me connect my JB iPad to iTunes. The Mac is running OS 10.9.3 and the iPad was using OS 6.
I put the iPad into recovery mode in order to update the OS to 7.1.1 and lose the JB.
That's where it all fell down. JB was done with evasi0n and has worked perfectly right up to the moment I tried to connect to iTunes with the new Mac.

Most reactions

Latest posts