What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recover 2 pictures that were deleted by. Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the delete icon instead of the send photo on 2 pictures and I really would like to get them back. Is there a way to get them back. I did one today and another yesterday. Is a way to get them back.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only if you did a backup with them on the iPad before the delete, and have not done a backup since.

iOS: How to back up

Backups and restores are all or nothing. You can't recover just he pictures. You'll end up setting the iPad back to the date of the backup, so if you try this make sure any documents or pictures you've taken since are saved off the iPad.

If you have iOS 5 installed and iCloud, it is possible to turn on PhotoStream. This would have placed any photos taken in iCloud, and you could recover them from there either back to the iPad, or to any other device/computer set up with the same iCloud account.

adam_chicago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using windows, there is a folder in your user directory where your iTunes backup files are stored. Once you find the file, there are some applications out there (they usually cost $5 per use) to extract files from your local backup file.

OP
T

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well nothing was back up but we will be home on Saturday.if I hook it up to the computer is there a gabble to get it then
Thanks,
Tom

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you deleted them before you backed the iPad up, then the pictures are gone.

Here are two of the programs that Adam mentioned, but they will do no good if you do not have a backup with the pictures in it, and you can't backup something you've already deleted.

iBckupBot for iTunes: Backup Manager Software for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch (and a few other tricks)
iBackupBot - iTunes Backup Manager for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

iPhone Backup Extractor (recover lost data from iTunes backups)
iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows and Mac

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

jackss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey....
There's a simple solution 2 recover u r deleted photos...U can use photo recovery software to restore photos.......That is Remo Recover (Windows).By using this software u can recover all u r photos which r accidentally deleted or due 2 any system failures,power surgues if u r photos r deleted also...
U can also download Demo version here....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst we appreciate the contributions, this is a very old thread and in the case of the posters here, if no backup was made then the photos are gone.

So, with that said, this thread is now closed.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions