What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording screen movements

dindiboop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app to capture or record screen movements on my iPad? We are trying to demonstrate new features for work presentations and trying to show colleagues and clients how to use these on their iPads. Help please, anyone? I would rather not use a camera - seems backwards with all these new technology! If this does not exist, where should I post a request to create an app for this?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
There is no capture software to my knowledge beside the static screen capture using home+sleep button.

As an alternative, if this is an iPad 2, you could mirror your screen to a tv output and capture that output with a computer having a tv input card. Could it be done with an hdmi connection? Maybe someone knows...

One thing I did to capture the screen was to create a black box in which you put your iPad with a webcam at the top to capture the display. The black box (just an ordinary box with a hole for your hands) will help get a better capture, avoiding reflection from lamps, or any other source of direct light. By adjusting the brightness and contrast, you'll get a pretty sharp capture and you can also see the hands/fingers interacting with the app.

Seeing the gestures from the hands makes it easier to understand how to pinch, rotate, select, etc...

My 2 cents...

VicoPad addict!

Whatthe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak, you can use display recorder. But if you have iPad 2 on 4.3.4 or above, that isn't an option.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the iPad 2 the HDMI adaptor can be used to mirror the iPad screen. With other hardware this can be converted and/or recorded to a computer. I had a link to an article about how to do this on the cheap, but can't find it.

At least you know it is possible.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tAWGw68lc]iPad 2 AV Adapter HDMI Capture - YouTube[/ame]

OP
D

dindiboop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks everyone! I will give your suggestions a shot. Cheers

Last edited:

kiki1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as for me, i usually use Screen VidShot (geovid.com) for screen recording, it works very well!)

Most reactions

Latest posts