What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording music to ipad from Yamaha stagepas

richardtrench

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I have an ipad 3rd generation 32GB and it isn't Jailbroken. I want to record music and song from my Yamaha Stagepas 300. It has an RCA output facility for recording on it. I got a cable to plug into the RCA output of the Yamaha and into the 32 pin connector of the ipad. I thought that I should be able to record using the microphone app or Garage band which I also downloaded but it doesnt work. I'm sure there has to be a way of doing this but I dont know how.

In short, what I want to do is to connect my iPad to my mixer to record the music.

Anyone got any ideas on how to go about this??

Thanks, Richard.

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The headphone jack also doubles as a mic in. You need a special cable to access the correct pins. Google either iPhone or iPad mic in cable or variations thereof. I've seen different connections for mics, RCA, XLR etc. so you should be able to get the right cable for the job.

Most reactions

Latest posts