1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Recording music to ipad from Yamaha stagepas

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by richardtrench, Jan 19, 2013.

1. richardtrench

richardtrench iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I have an ipad 3rd generation 32GB and it isn't Jailbroken. I want to record music and song from my Yamaha Stagepas 300. It has an RCA output facility for recording on it. I got a cable to plug into the RCA output of the Yamaha and into the 32 pin connector of the ipad. I thought that I should be able to record using the microphone app or Garage band which I also downloaded but it doesnt work. I'm sure there has to be a way of doing this but I dont know how.

In short, what I want to do is to connect my iPad to my mixer to record the music.

Anyone got any ideas on how to go about this??

Thanks, Richard.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    The headphone jack also doubles as a mic in. You need a special cable to access the correct pins. Google either iPhone or iPad mic in cable or variations thereof. I've seen different connections for mics, RCA, XLR etc. so you should be able to get the right cable for the job.