1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Recording live guitar, bass, vocals etc

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by MrDon, Mar 14, 2013.

1. MrDon

MrDon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all
    Please can you recommend some good apps I can use to record individual tracks to then sample over each other? I play multiple instruments and using the built in mic on the ipad, I would like to try and record individual parts to sample over and produce a completed song I could record lyrics over.

If I have to use multiple apps - that is not a problem. I'm sure something like this has been done on the ipad and I was hoping for some guidance.

Cheers
    Don
  2. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    I would think GarageBand would be a good place to start. There are also plug ins for the iPad to allow instruments and mics to be connected for recording.
  3. MrDon

MrDon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool. Thanks guys. I will download Garage band. It might be exactly what I need. If I manage anything good with it I will be sure to post it up on YouTube and copy a link into this thread.

Don
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,949 / 1
    The Apple store has a Squier guitar by Fender that connects directly with the iPad.

image-622587848.jpg
  5. MrDon

MrDon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I gave Garage Band a try and love it. Simple to use and the results is good enough for what I wanted.

So far I have made a backing track for the song 'Wheels' by the Foo Fighters that I can play lead guitar over. I can see this will be the start of a happy working relationship between me and my iPad :)
  6. MrDon

MrDon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I started using Garage Band and am blogging my progress if anyone is interested...due to rules I cannot post a link but simple google

'Amateur IPad Audio' and you will find my blog hosted at Wordpress.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  7. jerrysiegler

jerrysiegler iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Logic Express is also pretty easy to use. A lot people use it for making beats as well and recording live audio.