What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording live guitar, bass, vocals etc

MrDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all
Please can you recommend some good apps I can use to record individual tracks to then sample over each other? I play multiple instruments and using the built in mic on the ipad, I would like to try and record individual parts to sample over and produce a completed song I could record lyrics over.

If I have to use multiple apps - that is not a problem. I'm sure something like this has been done on the ipad and I was hoping for some guidance.

Cheers
Don

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would think GarageBand would be a good place to start. There are also plug ins for the iPad to allow instruments and mics to be connected for recording.

OP
MrDon

MrDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks guys. I will download Garage band. It might be exactly what I need. If I manage anything good with it I will be sure to post it up on YouTube and copy a link into this thread.

Don

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Apple store has a Squier guitar by Fender that connects directly with the iPad.

image-622587848.jpg

OP
MrDon

MrDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I gave Garage Band a try and love it. Simple to use and the results is good enough for what I wanted.

So far I have made a backing track for the song 'Wheels' by the Foo Fighters that I can play lead guitar over. I can see this will be the start of a happy working relationship between me and my iPad :)

OP
MrDon

MrDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I started using Garage Band and am blogging my progress if anyone is interested...due to rules I cannot post a link but simple google

'Amateur IPad Audio' and you will find my blog hosted at Wordpress.

Last edited:

jerrysiegler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Logic Express is also pretty easy to use. A lot people use it for making beats as well and recording live audio.

Most reactions