What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Record screen on iPad?

ipadgamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gamesontheipad.com
Is there an app (or any other way) to record what is happening on the iPad screen?

I'd like to record how a game looks as it is being played for a review but I'm not having any luck finding something that will let me to do it.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use printscreens all the time for little tutes for friends. You simply hold the sleep and bottom (doggone if I can think of its name LOL) button at same time and the screen is captured in the Photo app in the saved album. I have apps that allow me to add the photo/printscreen and I add handwritten or text notations and save again.

Hope this is what you are meaning.

Diane

OP
ipadgamer

ipadgamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gamesontheipad.com
Hey Diane thanks for the reply, I was looking to capture a video however. If I can't find anything else I'll have to stick with simple screenshots but what I'm really looking for is something that lets me capture a video of what is going on the iPad screen

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If worse comes to worse you could do a slideshow with short periods between rather like aninimation. Reelscreen might be best for thst. Then another possibility is to do an actual video of the screen with anything that takes video. I think if you want to import to Ipad it may need to be mpeg. I had to switch from AVCHD to mpeg to import from SD cards.

Last edited:
OP
ipadgamer

ipadgamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gamesontheipad.com
If I had jailbreak those apps would be perfect. Not sure if I'll go down that route so I might just go with recording the iPad screen with a regular camera.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

famerbeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Generally you can get a camera to av acble and then what you need to be able to get that to an ipad usb. so u by and adapter for av cable to usband then use ur ipad like that.... or you could download cybeerlink youcam for ipad......

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't mind running in the emulator, you can record video on the iPad using a Mac and the development toolkit emulator.

Any Mac video capture program then works great.

-t

adam0718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can record your iPad screen with just software. On your PC, use TightVNC, and on your iPad install the software named 'Veency' and run it.
Run TightVNC on your PC and enter the IP address of your iPad. If you don't know the IP address on your iPad, open a browser on your iPad and Once you connect, you will have your iPad screen displayed on your PC. To make a video tutorial of your iPad application, I recommend using My Screen Recorder. If you're going to include verbal directions in your video tutorial, it allows you to record both the audio from a microphone and the PC speakers at the same time. You can download My Screen Recorder

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do a search on this, I read a thread yesterday about this and a guy has made a video on how to go about it. It was step by step from installing into a computer and then capturing the iPad on the computer.

demofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started a blog with tips, tricks and other information on how to do demos and screen captures from iPad and other devices. Check it out and let me know what you think. Since this is my first post here I can't even post the URL... [Moderator edit: Removed refernce to external web site. This is why new posters cannot post links at the start...so they have time (and take the time!) to read the rules and discover that promoting external websites - especially personal blogs - is a no-no here. Read the rules, people!].

Last edited by a moderator:

kayaqiu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any iPad app help me out

I am wondering if there is an iPad app help me recording my screen activity and make a live video. I want to show my litter cousin how a game plays. bwt, i run iPad2. Thanks in advance.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is an iPad app help me recording my screen activity and make a live video. I want to show my litter cousin how a game plays. bwt, i run iPad2. Thanks in advance.
As others have said, you can create screen shots with your iPad by holding down the power and home button (at the same time) for a moment. The screen will briefly turn white and you'll hear a camera sound. The photo can be found in your Photos app.

If your iPad is jailbroken you can use a Cydia app called Screen Recorder. However AFAIK there are no current apps that will capture screen activity on the original iPad. Since you have an iPad 2 you can try following these instructions...

!

Hope that helps and enjoy!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Genjoke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For iPad 1

Run Veency on the iPad

On your mac open "ScreenSharing.app" at /System/Library/CoreServices/

enter the ip of your ipad and hit enter.

Open quicktime.app and select "new recording from screen". Hit the red record icon and select the area representing your iPad screen on your desktop.

The only problem is that frame rate sucks a bit, you wont capture fast movments or actions.

Thats it.

Most reactions

Latest posts