What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations for a good IM Client

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using IM+ paid version since I first got my iPad. For the most part I'm pleased, but it does crash every once in a while. This morning I was using it to chat with someone and right as I was typing it crashed. 2 days ago I opened it up and it said none of my contacts were available. They were, but I had to try it to find out.

So I'm hoping one of you guys can maybe clue me into another app that's similar. I don't mind paying the money for a good app. I need it to at least be able to do twitter and Gtalk. And I'd like for it to be ad free.

Any help is appreciated.

Lester Moar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IM+

I use Air MSN Messenger Pro HD and it works great. The only negative is that it doesn't run in the background. When you switch to another app you have no idea if someone is trying to get in touch with you unless you open the Messenger App again.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Air MSN Messenger Pro HD and it works great. The only negative is that it doesn't run in the background. When you switch to another app you have no idea if someone is trying to get in touch with you unless you open the Messenger App again.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at it.

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Meebo for iPad.
That way, from a single app, you can use your existing accounts (and contacts) in Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, Facebook, MySpace IM, AIM, Windows Live, and more.

I use the Meebo site on the browser when I'm on a PC as well.

Downside is that they recently introduced some ads. :/
They say that there is no "paid, ad-free" version yet, but you can easily close the ads.

petrusali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bundat said:
I use Meebo for iPad.
That way, from a single app, you can use your existing accounts (and contacts) in Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, Facebook, MySpace IM, AIM, Windows Live, and more.

I use the Meebo site on the browser when I'm on a PC as well.

Downside is that they recently introduced some ads. :/
They say that there is no "paid, ad-free" version yet, but you can easily close the ads.

Meebo for iPad? I've never found one. You made that for yourself?

Most reactions

Latest posts