What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendation for the best solution IPAD 3 blocked

gabrimr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

My IPAD 3 is blocked. It happened three days ago. I was using it and suddenly the IPAD was blocked. Now it is in recovery mode.
I have the firmware 6.0.1 with jailbreak from Evasion,
I got the shsh by tinyumbrella.
On the othen hand I have a backup done two months ago.
Obviously I'm trying to recocer the IPAD without loosing data. I have a lot of data I don't want to loose, although the second option could be to restore with the backup from January.

I have try to exit from recovery mode, pushing home+reset, by tinyumbrella, etc... The IPAD is in a loop and I don't get to go out.

On the other hand if I want to restore usinf iTunes, the app doesn't not allow to restore the backup. How I could do it?

Do youo know any way to fix the operating system without reset all data?
Is there other tool which I can check to tray to exit from recovery mode?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Gabriel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say the "iPad is blocked," what do you mean? It it frozen, constantly showing the Apple logo, etc.? What were you doing, exactly, when the iPad suddenly started not working properly?

Have you tried to reset the iPad by holding both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
G

gabrimr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

it's true, it is not fully blocked. When I start the ipad goes to recovery mode loop.
When It went to this status, I was reading in Safari. Nothing special and, although my ipad is jailbroke, I only installed XBMC and something more, but it was several weeks ago.

I have tried to reset pushing power and home bottom, but nothing... I tried to recover it with tinyumbrella. But nothing...

Thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you install a package at the time that the problem started? If so it could be an incompatible tweak. I had the same issue with CleanStatus a while back. Just kept Recovery Looping. The best chance you have would be to put your device into Safe Mode, which is only possible if you have both MobileSubstrate and Substrate Safe Mode installed (if you have SBSettings, it comes with it so you can Safe Mode your device). If you do have Substrate Safe Mode, you can power off the device completely by holding both the home and sleep/power button until the screen turns black. Hold the volume up button while you turn your device on, and keep holding the volume up button until the lockscreen appears or your springboard appears, remove that last package and respring.

Otherwise, unfortunately there isn't any way to backup the data on your device while in a state other than normal without professional tools and utilities, meaning your only option to get the device functioning again is to restore it to 6.1.3 and wipe all data off your device, which is why it's imperative that users backup their device bi-weekly/monthly to make sure that the backup on your computer is up-to-date, especially if you have important data

Most reactions

Latest posts