What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend backup software , please

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in need of backup software for my iPad 2. I've read you can do it through iTunes, but I would also like to backup to my netbook (Windows).

Recommendations, please.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, welcome to the forum - :)

Unfortunately, iTunes is about the only COMPLETE backup to the iPad that is available from my 'newbie' experience.

Some apps will allow individual file backups (apps themselves can usually be downloaded as needed so not a big issue).

As an example for myself, I bought Bento (by Filemaker) - I started a number of databases, including one for recipes which my wife & I were planning to use in the kitchen (instead of cookbooks, index cards, etc.) - well after entering a dozen or so recipes I was also wondering about an 'extra' backup other than iTunes; well, none seems to exist unless you purchase the desktop version for the Mac (I own a PC) - so I've not continued further - would be very irritated after entering hundreds of recipes to not have an additional backup to the file (or others that I would create).

Winded example, but plenty of others likely exist - :(

P.S. My iPad is not 'jailbroken' - might make a difference that you will have to pursue - good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts