What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend App for Files

Bjac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been using iBooks for several years now and I'm tired of losing all my files. I like to keep all my boating charts, manuals and repair articles on my iPad and every now and then after an IOS update I lose all my files in iBooks.
I'm looking for an app that I can upload all my pdf, doc, and other types of files into so I can categorize them into directories etc., and read them at will. Files would be imported to the iPad from a PC so compatibility is a must.
Thanks for your input.
Tired of losing manuals and How To's!
Bill

Annette H

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could always use the Files app, that backs everything up to the cloud. That is what I use on it. No issues. You can open Files across all of your Apple products.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like the Documents app by Readdle. It can store the files in iCloud Drive, which also makes them available in the Files app; and vice versa.

This is where I store most of my non-ebook documents.

For iBooks, make sure you’ve turned on iCloud Drive in Settings > iBooks. This saves your PDF files so that they will be synced to other devices and restored later. I haven’t lost any PDF’s since this feature became available.

That said, I only save a few book-like PDF files in iBooks. Mostly I use Documents.

A99ADBC6-633D-47C6-A03D-D7213BFA2DF3.png

Most reactions

Latest posts