What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend a good stylus for Drawing and writing on Ipad Mini?

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, just picked up a mini last week. Loving it after only a week. Mostly the size. I use it mainly for a drawing app I like that is only Available on IOS. I'm use to using a Targus rubber tipped stylus, from when I had an Ipad 3, but with the smaller screen, prefer someting that is easier to draw with. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and can get really detailed on that device. Looking for a Stylus that is not as thick and I can be more accurate with on the mini. Can anyone tell me something they have or recommend a different stylus for drawing and writing? Thanks.:)

Last edited:

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Hand Stylus. It started on Kickstarter by Steve King. I love it. It's good for writing I don't draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just looked at their web page and guess it wouldn't work well for me as:

The Hand Stylus works best on touch-devices without screen protectors and
requires extra pressure or may not work at all on devices with protectors.

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has screen protector. I have no issues. I also think I use less pressure then I do with pen and paper. IMHO it's the best I've used and I've tried lots of them.

aliasfan4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for something to take notes in meetings or write at home. Does the Hand Stylus work well? Do you have to hold it at a 90 degree angle to get it to write? I also have a matte screen protector to cut glare since I read a lot on my ipad mini. I have the Bamboo stylus which seems ok, but I am looking for something with more of a pen-like tip and precision.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably the closest you can get to pen like performance are the Jot series of styluses. I've got the newest Jot Touch on my wish list, but you can probably use one of the cheaper ones if all you want is precision. The Touch series has pressure sensitivity and some function buttons on the stylus and communicates with the iPad via Bluetooth 4.0.

Apps need built support for the Jot to use the extra features, but there are quite a few apps that do.

Hold in mind that you are probably never going to get the same level of precision with an iPad stylus as you can with pen and paper or devices that were designed for a stylus. The iPad's capacitive touch screen wasn't designed for use with a stylus and that isn't something easily overcome by third party vendors.

Not to say a stylus isn't useful, just not as useful as it might be on a device that was designed for a stylus.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts