What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recomendation for Word app for i pad3

kiwipete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to ipads, 1 week and a bit slow on the take up, aged 64
Need advise on best app for creating word type doc.
Main use will be to create newsletters in word doc, then attach doc to e mail to our 40 friends who enjoy our weekly newsletters while we are overseas travelling. This was easy when taking a lap top with us, but as we get older, its too big and heavy.
We want to be able to insert photos from photo section on i pad into typed newsletter
Thanks for your help
Pete

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to ipads, 1 week and a bit slow on the take up, aged 64
Need advise on best app for creating word type doc.
Main use will be to create newsletters in word doc, then attach doc to e mail to our 40 friends who enjoy our weekly newsletters while we are overseas travelling. This was easy when taking a lap top with us, but as we get older, its too big and heavy.
We want to be able to insert photos from photo section on i pad into typed newsletter
Thanks for your help
Pete

You can try EverNote, Page, Document to Go, to mention a few and see if your criteria is satisfied.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should take a look at CloudOn - gives you Microsoft Word on your Pad - works for me and also allows for work between PC and Pad

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you like cloudbased processing, you can try Onlive Desktop. This one will really make you feel at home and provide the pc desktop-like environment with office 2010 suite and pdf reader, etc for your use. You need to have a cloud account though for your files.

OP
K

kiwipete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for info and feedback, have tried a couple of these options.
Forgot to say that I want to be able to load photos on to documents and change their position and sizes all without having internet connection. (cant use cloud) We are often in places without wifi connection for 2 or 3 days and usually write up up newsletters each night and insert photos as we go.
Thanks again
Pete

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kiwipete said:
Thanks for info and feedback, have tried a couple of these options.
Forgot to say that I want to be able to load photos on to documents and change their position and sizes all without having internet connection. (cant use cloud) We are often in places without wifi connection for 2 or 3 days and usually write up up newsletters each night and insert photos as we go.
Thanks again
Pete

Pages , works really well with photos , you can add pics quickly , text wraps perfectly, the photo can be moved resized and cropped.
You can email the finished product in PDF.

OP
K

kiwipete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again, Pages works great, very easy to use, love it
One question
If I send email of completed pages with typed words and also photos inserted as a word doc, the format gets lost, this is not an issues if I send it as a PDF. Am I doing someting wrong on missing something using word doc.???
Thanks
Peter

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kiwipete said:
Thanks again, Pages works great, very easy to use, love it
One question
If I send email of completed pages with typed words and also photos inserted as a word doc, the format gets lost, this is not an issues if I send it as a PDF. Am I doing someting wrong on missing something using word doc.???
Thanks
Peter

There is often formatting changes from Apple to pc , PDF was introduced to bridge the gap between different systems, and is the most common and accepted format, I alway recommend to people to send all documents , quotes and newsletters in PDF, also less likely to have Font and layout issues.

wildsdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apart from Cloudon, whichis not available in India, Are there any free alternatived to create office files?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wildsdi said:
Apart from Cloudon, whichis not available in India, Are there any free alternatived to create office files?

How about Documents Free (Mobile Office Suite). I've never used it though but someone did recommend it.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wildsdi, why not create a separate apple account, and get your free stuff from there? Do you really need so much options ? Or just to create a .doc file? You can try google docs

Most reactions

Latest posts