What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recipe apps

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just getting used to my beautiful Ipad 2. I am also getting used to the app thingy. I have tried to find decent recipe apps but they are all so naff. I dont mind paying, I just don't know how to find them. I could go further and add gardening etc. But if I learn how to find one it will be the same for others I am sure. Thank you

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for recipe apps last night and came across AllRecipes.com Dinner Spinner which I liked the look of. It is for iPhones

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(AAAgh sent too soon)

....but it is quite useable on the iPad. It has versions for different countries. I haven't tried any recipes yet but have spotted some that look good.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blondie-
Take a look at Paprika. It will download recipes from the web, but also has a specialized keyboard for writing in your own. The keyboard has keys for common units of measure like cups or grams. There's lots of room for the recipe method and even a picture. You can print or email your recipes making it easy to share with friends. The display is easy to read while in the kitchen.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use The Recipe Box by Corpus Collusion. I have several recipe apps and this one is by far the best. The developers are also very communicative and will definitely consider your suggestions, as they have with me.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. I think I am getting nearer. Looked at Allrecipes and Recipe Box. My problem is I don't know where to look for these apps. Whenever I go on the apple app store I can never find anything I want.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blondey said:
Thanks you guys. I think I am getting nearer. Looked at Allrecipes and Recipe Box. My problem is I don't know where to look for these apps. Whenever I go on the apple app store I can never find anything I want.

For "The Recipe Box", you have to use those three words, with spaces. Remember, a lot of apps that have more than one word in the title may often be listed as a single word and some with names that can be broken into more than one word may also be listed that way as well.

Also you can go here to see about The Recipe Box. There's a link that will take you to the proper place to get the app as well. http://www.therecipeboxapp.com/

The two women who run Corpus Collusion are great. They really do correspond and listen to input and suggestions.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

sistersue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Green Kitchen Stories is a blog with gorgeous photos and I know they just released a new iPad app. They are vegetarian, but their recipes and photos are great!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sistersue said:
Green Kitchen Stories is a blog with gorgeous photos and I know they just released a new iPad app. They are vegetarian, but their recipes and photos are great!

Hmmm...thanks for the tip. Also...there is a great app called "Superfoods". Good stuff there for the health-conscious.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got one called Recepics. It is brill, you take a photo of the recipe you already have and build your own book in your Ipad, how cool is that.

mastery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of epicurious, as they have tens of thousands of recipies available on their app, broken down in many different ways. Also has a great shopping list app built into it as well. Just search for epicurious on the app store.

sistersue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another good one is Cooks Illustrated. They do lots of testing to identify the "best" version of traditional recipes (although they're often a ton of work and complicated), and then they taste test ingredients and recommend the best brand. Things like vanilla extract, greek yogurt, chocolate chips, etc. You do have to sign up for a subscription to the magazine in order to get access to all this information, but they have a 30 day free trial so you can check to see if you like it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Blondie-
Take a look at Paprika. It will download recipes from the web, but also has a specialized keyboard for writing in your own. The keyboard has keys for common units of measure like cups or grams. There's lots of room for the recipe method and even a picture. You can print or email your recipes making it easy to share with friends. The display is easy to read while in the kitchen.

Paprika was recommended in another thread - I purchased the app and thoroughly enjoy the interface; in addition to the features above, your recipe database can be saved to iCloud and/or as a file to your computer via iTunes.

Also purchased a removable acrylic kitchen rack that will hold the iPad from HERE - a little pricey but works and was an easy installation. Good luck in your selection(s). :)

ipadmount1.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts