What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Receiving Email

paulcrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone knew why all my email appears in my Mac Book but only some of it shows up in my iPad inbox? All my accounts are hooked up to both the Mac Book and the iPad.

Thanks,
Paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say "all my accounts" implying you have more than one. You suggest that you have all your accounts "hooked up to the iPad" but the iPad has multiple InBoxes - one for each account. It's possible, from within the iPad's Mail app, to consolidate all the InBoxes into a single unified one, but it's equally possible for them to be separate.

So, the emails that you don't see - are they from another account and hence, possibly, another InBox?

Tim

OP
P

paulcrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

That's helpful. I can see both accounts as separate accounts and when I click on All Inboxes. Maybe because of the volume of mail it causes an issue?

What do you think?

Thanks,
paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember that you can set, in 'Settings', the maximum number of emails that the iPad will display in the InBox. Check what you've got that set to and see if it needs to be increased. It's possible that's the issue.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this become a serious problem, you could switch from the legacy protocol POP to the more modern IMAP. IMAP provides the iPad with a virtual 'window' onto your mail server and allows you to search through all the mails on the server without limit.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts