Received Camera Connection Kit - Short Video Demo Inside.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by kilofox, Apr 22, 2010.

1. york2

york2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ellie,
    Good to know. I'll have to try this once my iPad arrives.

2. kilofox

kilofox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I received a question from YouTube asking me if the USB Adapter would work with a USB Card Reader. After reading the message I promptly got out my SanDisk MicroMate Card Reader and plugged it into the USB Camera Connection Kit. At first I thought it was going to work, but a Dialogue Box popped up with the following message. Accessory Unavailable - The attached accessory uses too much power.

Thats a bummer ... people with older DLSRs i.e. Canon 40D that use Compact Flash will have to use a USB Cable.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    All cameras I know of have a USB plug tho, so it's no big deal...even the higher end ones can transfer USB...I have been thinking about picking up a Canon 5D Mark II and it uses Compact Flash...so USB would be the only choice. I still think you should be able to preview full images before importing them..or have the option to NOT import them...would be nice after a shoot to just sit down and review them with no wait.

I wonder if an Eye-Fi card would be able to connect to Air Sharing HD....does anyone have one? Does it need a special software or does it just appear as a shared network drive...if so you could review photos without even taking the card out or plugging it in at full res.

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Some more info:

5. kilofox

kilofox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Nice camera... I sold my Nikon D90 and am really enjoying the Micro 4/3 format. I am shooting way more pictures with my Oly E-P2 than I did with the Nikon. My decision wasn't based on brand vs brand, but size vs size. Hauling around the D90 with a couple lens wasn't my cup-o-tea. I have a little Crumpler Bad with my E-P2, a Panny 20mm 1.7 pancake lens, a 14-40 mm and extra battery and a few more little odds and ends. I ALWAYS have this kit with me. Wasnt the same story with the DLSR.

However... the 5D is a very very nice camera. I cant remember what TV show did this (might be House), but one episode was shot entirely with the 5D. That tells you what kind of video that camera is taking... let alone pictures.

I too would like to see full screen preview. I think live tethering would be great too!

#45 kilofox, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  6. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Nice find about the headset and keyboard. I'm sure more will be discovered and more apps will take advantage!

Also with an SD card reader that give opportunity for sideload exploits for things like old school emulators without jailbreak.

7. wot_fan

wot_fan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
  8. kilofox

kilofox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  9. gentlefury

gentlefury