1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Receive an SMS to an IPad

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by juiceterry, Jan 12, 2012.

1. juiceterry

juiceterry iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to all

I've got a web based application where users register themself on the server in order to synchronise data like emails, contacts, notes, etc.

One step in the registration process is the verification of the device, so the user receives an sms containing a short code to his cell phone. The user has to enter this code into the webapplications form which will then compare the entered with the sent code..
    The sms is sent through an sms Gateway with SMTP (e.g. 0795556677 at smsgatway.local)..

This works fine with cellphones (incl. iphones). But now we want to include also IPads into this registration process..

Is it somehow possible to receive SMS on an IPad?

if not, what do you think is the easiest alternative?

I've got an MacBook, but i am not very familiar with IPads or iOS in general..

thanks for any answer