What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebuild jailbreak by running evasi0n again?

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I installed some sort of deb file by sideloading it through ifunbox and now I have an issue where cydia will not update, and will not show anything under my search, or currently installed. I've tried a couple of methods of trying to get it back, but even that rat thing won't show up by installing it outside of cydia. Since it's borked, I decided to try and run the evasi0n program from windows again, but it says "your device is already jailbroken and running it again is NOT recommended". Though it says not recommended, think I can rebuild my jailbreak/cydia by running it again?

Other than that, could I do a full system format from the device itself (not using computer)? Or would this force me to connect to computer and update?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the same issue you were having here: Cydia not showing installed packages

If yes, then is the problem still from April or did it re-surface? Either way - did any of the steps work (that willwerz provided)? I ask because, barring anything else, the suggestions in the other thread are really all we've got.

What about the other restore program - "SemiRestore." You run it from the computer, so you don't have to install anything from Cydia. Maybe that's worth a shot?

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, it's the same problem as from the other thread. Semirestore was a good idea, but somehow how my cydia was so broken that I technically was back to stock but cydia was still broke. Tried to run evasi0n again but that wouldn't work. So.....guess it's time to update to 6.1.3 and wait for the ipad 5 jailbreak =p

Most reactions