Reasons why people hate the ipad...debunked

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Bbatelli, Apr 1, 2011.

1. socialsandy

socialsandy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No, ipad is much awaited product nobody hate the ipad.

2. mobi1

mobi1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I hate iTunes. Why can't ipad be a standalone product independent of iTunes?

You can’t access file system! Each app has its own device space where it keeps its documents. If you have a text file, say “Blog Text” and you use it inside two different word processing apps (say App-A and App-B), each will have its own copy of “Blog Text”. If you remove an app, it will remove all documents created by this particular app. What the heck? Of course you can use Dropbox but that's a 3rd party app which require internet connection to work!

People say Apple products are intuitive to use, but I find it almost counter intuitive (ipad is my first Apple product).

Lack of USB/memory stick is an issue. With memory cards, you can expand your storage without limit. But all ipads are monolithic with 16/32/64 GB of memory available. Of course you can access files thru internet, but what if you don't have internet??

3. Blackhart

Blackhart
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Love it hate it
    buy it don't buy it
    chevy or ford
    I'm just glad it's here

4. normanj

normanj
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree!

I think the iPad is a wonderful device, but t is not perfect, and does have some annoying features.

I also agree with you that it is not intuitive, at least not at first. There's a bit of a learning curve involved.

Still, I am very much sold on the conveinence and multi-functionality of the iPad. I hope that many of these annoying quirks are done away with in subsequent versions.

5. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    This is one of the things that I think Android does VERY well. You can place files ANYWHERE on your SD card and the OS will automatically scan for and find and make available the file to the proper apps. So you could hide mp3's all over the place if you wanted, and the OS will make them available to any music player as if they were all neatly within a single folder. If you download a new mp3 on the go, the media scanner kicks in and updates that there is a new mp3 that all apps can see. Same thing with videos. On the iPad if you download a video on the go say through a browser, there is zero chance of it showing up in the stock video player. Android however will scan the SD card, find the new video and make it available to all apps that play video.

This all comes back to iTunes sadly. I don't think Apple wants the iPad to be an independent device that can seamlessly integrate newly added media on the go. They want you tied to iTunes so that there is more of an incentive to use iTunes for all of your media.