What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really Weird 4G Problem

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got back from a road trip to Dayton, Ohio and I kept losing 4G connection on my iPad. The weird part it only happened while in Ohio! I was the passenger and played with it a lot. I would turn off Cellular Data then turn it back on and surf for a while until I lost the connection and I would repeat the process. Once we crossed the Ohio river at Cincinnati I had a solid connection most of the way down to Atlanta. Anyone ever experience something like this?

Bill

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The better questions is who hasn't experienced something like this. You can only get a 4G connection where 4G exists (whatever 4G means, as that is sort of a loaded question these days)). Maybe there is none or very little in Ohio.

I get LTE at my home and at many places along my 40-mile drive to work, but there gaps in there where the LTE drops and I only get 3G. That's how it goes will cellular coverage. It can only be where there are towers to provide coverage of that service.

OP
jcherepy

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I should have been a bit more clear. I would completely lose a data connection of any type and when I would turn off Cellular Data and turn it back on, I would get a 4G connection back. The icon just to the right of the AT&T in the upper left corner would disappear.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about the fact that it only happened in Ohio? That makes it seem like a carrier/cell tower problem, still.

OP
jcherepy

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about the fact that it only happened in Ohio? That makes it seem like a carrier/cell tower problem, still.

That's what's weird about it. Went to Dayton and Columbus and it kept happening. I guess I'll blame it on the sunspots. :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find that just flicking on and off Airplane Mode is a quick way to reboot the 3G connection

Most reactions