What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really random sound increase?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's a good one. I'm sitting on the couch reading an email, not touching the iPad at all when the sound icon comes on the screen and increases all the way to the top. No sound was even playing!!! What's up with that one!?!?!

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
Here's a good one. I'm sitting on the couch reading an email, not touching the iPad at all when the sound icon comes on the screen and increases all the way to the top. No sound was even playing!!! What's up with that one!?!?!

Could be a notification of something.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Well, that is weird! :eek:

If it happens again, then Restart/Reset the iPad and hope that eliminates the issue - good luck! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Was the iPad propped up or on edge with the volume rockers on the bottom. It's pretty easy for them to be pressed by accident this way. Just gravity and a bit of vibration can be enough, if they are in contact with something.

It's happened to me before, more often before I had the back cover. It protects the buttons from being pressed on a flat surface, but it has happened anyway if I put it in a stand off center.

Most reactions

Latest posts