What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really Curious About the iPad Stylus.. :|

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are tons of choices for iPad Stylus. But, what are there differences or how they differ from one another? I mean all of them is just used for handwriting and note taking in iPad. What makes one stylus special than the other. Yeah some of them differ from the kind of stroke but I'm talking about the technical usage of it. :confused:

Thank you!

DragonManila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My girlfriend gave me one as a gift... It is actually very cool. Very responsive and the most important thing is it doesn't leave finger prints on your skin (of course). One the downside... Unless you can attach it to your iPad, there's a danger that you may replace it. I use it only at home and I replace it a couple of times already... You can really easily loose it, other than that, when you get use to it, it is actually very useful specially when you have sausage fingers. :)

kitkay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are tons of choices for iPad Stylus. But, what are there differences or how they differ from one another? I mean all of them is just used for handwriting and note taking in iPad. What makes one stylus special than the other. Yeah some of them differ from the kind of stroke but I'm talking about the technical usage of it. :confused:

Thank you!

The main differences is the thickness, height and weight, the next difference and the most important, the 'response', Some pens you will need to press hard, others will be soft.... I bought 3 types and the best one was the Griffin.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thank you!

Some have too much resistance when dragged over the screen, many (most) are too short for comfort, too small in diameter, or too smooth for a good grip. Most are imprecise for handwriting: the notable exception is the Adonis Jot which is brand new. It is just as precise as a ballpoint pen. I understand that Dagi has just introduced a similar model, but haven't tested it.

For handwriting, get a Jot, for artwork try the iFaraday.

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This forum is money in the bank. Thanks for the advice and I didn't even ask the question.

OP
aihna

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there guys! Thanks for all of your responsive reply.

I already have a clear thought about the important, differences and uses of Stylus. I owe this to all of you.

DragonManila, you're statement made me laugh, about the sausage finger! :D

Most reactions