What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real reason Apple patches jailbreaks?

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know when I post this people are going to think I am defending Apple's appropriation of an idea developed by someone else but let's actually look at this. While the guy who wrote this, presented it to Apple and they rejected it as long as they did not copy his code the did not actully steal anything if he did not copywrite the idea. When does the idea belong to someone, when he thinks it up or actually takes the proper steps to prove it's his. It's interesting the media is making more out of this than the guy is and as far as I know he has not taken any type of action against Apple. Now let's look at another example in reverse Apple came out with airprint and I really wanted to be able to print to the three printers I already had on my network without having to purchase new ones. In doing some research I came across a web site where an enterprising gentleman had developed some code that would allow you to run an airprint service on one of your networks PC's that would enable access to your network printers. Apple contacted him about the fact that he had used some of "thier" code in his program so he rewrote it and Apple went away. So how many of you read anything on any website about him stealing anything from Apple where was all the publicity about that. The only difference is that we want to hate the "big" guy, they are always the one doing wrong, the "little" guy was our champion helping us to get something for free from the "man". It's just human nature. By the way I think Apple should do the right thing and either hire this guy or compensate him somewhat for showing that Wi-fi sync was an idea good enough to make money on Cydia, after all he did kind of pave the way.

yup i mentioned the "didn't use his code" argument a few pages back, i believe page 2. if they had used his code i'm sure he would have taken the opportunity to sue. either that or he's waiting for iOS5 to officially hit because suing then would be wayyyyyy more lucrative.

Most reactions