What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready to pull the trigger

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a refurbished iPad. The return poicy from Apple is acceptable, with a 14 day satisfaction guarantee. Shipping is free both ways, and a restocking fee of 10% is charged if the item is opened. I'm OK with that because if Steve Jobs tells us (soon) about the new iPad coming out, I have the opportunity to choose to wait for that.

But I'm wondering if 16GB is enough. I think there are apps that will allow you to access music and photos/videos from your computer without actually having them take space on the iPad. Is that correct? If so, I think 16GB will be enough. If not, how can you make a good guess if it will be enough or not? It will be used for listening to music, surfing the web, watching videos from youtube, and viewing photos and possibly home videos (wi-fi only). Gaming is not an issue because it won't be used for that. Any help will be appreciated.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several apps that allow you to watch videos from your comp or laptop - air video is good couple dollars. 16 should be fine unless you want to have several DVD on your iPad. Mosh DVD will use .74 to 1.5 GB of memory. If you will be gone from your laptop or comp for extended periods you may consider a large size. There are also programs such as dropbox that allow you to hold memory in the cloud which you can access without taking of your GB. 16GB is fine for most people.

Last edited:

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I edited my post but my dumb but sometimes helpful auto correct turned dropbox into Delphic - hope that didn't confuse you. Thanks!

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16 if your not gonna game and have heavy apps I think you will be good! depends how you plan and what size videos your gonna have there. If your just gonna have a couple videos and not 10 feature lengthfilns you'll be good. On mine 8 gigs are occupied by apps most from big games! And I have about 500 songs only taking 3 all at 320kps also. Yes there are apps that will let you stream from computer I believe "air video" is one of the more popular

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My vote is 32g. Depending on your app volume in conjunction with movies you could run outa of space and will have to make some tough choices about what you want to keep on it and what to move off. Sucks to have to do that.

OP
E

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the help, folks. We won't keep much on there in the way of videos, so I guess the 16GB will probably suffice.
I edited my post but my dumb but sometimes helpful auto correct turned dropbox into Delphic - hope that didn't confuse you. Thanks!
Aha! No wonder I couldn't find much when I searched for Delphic!! :) Thank you for letting me know about that.

Most reactions