What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready to move into Apple territory

OP
K

Kyndel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it will probably be dependent on how you import the image. I just did a copy of several images with "strange" filenames using Photostream. I just dropped them into the upload folder and they appeared in the Photo app just fine. I'm too lazy to import images using a cable and/or the camera connection kit (CCK) or iTunes. So, any image I put on my iPad goes via wifi or the cloud. I use Photo Transfer app, as well.

Thank you very much for your work, but I am not sure it is being lazy to drop then on an usb-stick and then set the usb-stick to the "pc" (whatever), I think it will take the same time, or perhaps even faster. I have not measured it, but I think it is about 1 minute.

--

Thanks for the attention here - now I have to make up my mind, and I stop here now.

LNE WoLF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Search the apple app store or garmin website. You can purchase garmins street pilot usa app and a bluetooth garmin antenna for your i pad. Turning it into a fully functional garmin gps. For about 150.

Then get a ram-mount to mount your ipad in your vehicle.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your work, but I am not sure it is being lazy to drop then on an usb-stick and then set the usb-stick to the "pc" (whatever), I think it will take the same time, or perhaps even faster. I have not measured it, but I think it is about 1 minute.

--

Thanks for the attention here - now I have to make up my mind, and I stop here now.

Hehe....I was saying is being lazy to NOT do it. For me, to do that, I have to find a stick and reach over to plug it into a port on my PC. That takes more work than to simply drag files into a folder on my PC...and then they magically appear on my devices. See, these wireless devices are all easier to use than plugging this into that and so forth. I have mostly given up on wired transfers...even on movies, I put them on a wifi drive and connect my tablets to them wirelessly. Then stream. I usually travel with several SD cards in a little box. I can stream movies from them or transfer images to/from them. For me, wires are the last resort.

Most reactions

Latest posts