What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djrich1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The website is Joby.com. Google it by Joby yogi or Joby Ori. I personally have the yogi and can't say enough about it. It is the best stand available in my opinion because of all the viewing angles you could set it at. It is also great for face timing or shooting video..let me know what you think.:)

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The website is Joby.com. Google it by Joby yogi or Joby Ori. I personally have the yogi and can't say enough about it. It is the best stand available in my opinion because of all the viewing angles you could set it at. It is also great for face timing or shooting video..let me know what you think.:)

Quite ingenious. My wife and I want something allowing us to us the iPad in bed (movies). I like this, but I would still need something to attach it to.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to be able to put the ipad on an arm coming from behind me.
Something similar to a magnifying lamp (as in the attached picture)
View attachment 863

Not very nice pictures, but as yours request.

This would work for me. I would be concerned about stability. Does it hold the Ipad without the elbow sections drooping from the weight? I saw it on eBay, but could you tell me where you can purchase one? I prefer not to buy on eBay.

minh.tb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to be able to put the ipad on an arm coming from behind me.
Something similar to a magnifying lamp (as in the attached picture)
View attachment 863

Not very nice pictures, but as yours request.

This would work for me. I would be concerned about stability. Does it hold the Ipad without the elbow sections drooping from the weight? I saw it on eBay, but could you tell me where you can purchase one? I prefer not to buy on eBay.

I remade it form a desk lamp. Yes the elbow section will drop by the weight or the Ipad 2, but I replaced all 4 springs (you can see in the pictures.).
I'm form Viet Nam, the desk lamp form China cost 10$, the Ipad 2 back cover cost 12$, about 25$ for all.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I remade it form a desk lamp. Yes the elbow section will drop by the weight or the Ipad 2, but I replaced all 4 springs (you can see in the pictures.).
I'm form Viet Nam, the desk lamp form China cost 10$, the Ipad 2 back cover cost 12$, about 25$ for all.

What did you use as an attachment from the arm to the iPad holder?

autophone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would be great if someone could mount a stand arm to a helmet LOL

boogoyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh, haha, just posted a thread related to this. here's a much better option:

cloak-ipad-cover-sz-092710.jpg

[advertising link removed - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

minh.tb

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What did you use as an attachment from the arm to the iPad holder?

Just glue. I glued the tin can that could be turn around by it self. than the tin can to ipad2 back cover.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 842

Djrich1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Quite ingenious. My wife and I want something allowing us to us the iPad in bed (movies). I like this, but I would still need something to attach it to.

Do you mean the legs or the actual device with case and legs? The product is a case and stand in one and legs are detachable.
I will tell you that if you prop a pillow and set the pad with this stand it will adjust to any position. Very sturdy too.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have put together a photo set with details on the Headboard mount:
iPad Headboard Boom

That is really great. It seems very easy to make. When you posted it before, I had a hard time trying to visualize how you attached the iPad. So simple yet so effective. I really appreciated you posting this. I've been trying to make up my mind on what devise to get, but because of the extortion rate prices they are charging for a stand, I have been holding back. This has put a whole new light on having something to watch videos in bed. I love your idea. Thanks very much.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check out the Infinite Loop created by Tim Gushue and featured on Engadget. It is so cool, well designed and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions