Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Teacher's Pet, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deckyon

deckyon
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I have got to get me one of these! Not as much for my iPad as for my laptop so I can use my new chase lounge. Very cool. Guess what I am asking for for christmas.

2. appsmonkey

appsmonkey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Try the Laplog

I just read an article on TUAW about the Laplog. It's a beanbag-like pillow with a little ledge to prop up your iPad on. It looks like a more comfortable option than the traditional 'stand' approach.

[​IMG]

#52 appsmonkey, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  3. ChIpad

ChIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You will like it, has a usb hub buikt in also and 2 height levels for stand its self, i love it for my laptop works ok for ipad just cant use fan not that you would need it lol

4. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't use one of those prop up devices during summer, too warm.

5. maryinredding

maryinredding
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have a question for the people that bought the epillow. Does the cover come off so you can wash it? What is it filled with? This is not addressed on their website.

6. howell

howell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Got mine.

Hey all,

As promised I wanted to share my experience with the Prop It Up. I ordered mine around Thanksgiving and my family has been using it since.

I bought mine from [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IGNUL4"]Amazon.com[/ame] which seems to be the best deal. Since I was patient, I got the free shipping!

My wife and girls tried it before I got use it. They really love it! My girls like to lay on the floor while they play, so this put the iPad at the perfect angle while they read or play games.

My wife is an adorable couch potato and she loves our iPad. She told me that she liked the Prop It Up because it let's her watch TV and knit while keeping the iPad on her lap at a nice viewing angle.

For myself, I use it in bed. I like to read the newspaper and Facebook before going to bed and this is the most comfortable way to do it. I just put it at the highest angle postion and start reading away.

It could be a little smaller, as it seems to be made for "universal" purposes. They advertise using laptops and such with it. I'd like an even smaller model that was just for tablets.

Overall I give it an A-. They also have a website where you can check out a YouTube. Check it out at PaddedSpaces.com.

Check out my girls using the Prop It Up!

Attached Files:

7. Kylevoltz

Kylevoltz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Completely Biased

I created The Lap Log for this exact reason. We got a LOT of positive feedback from all of our holiday customers, so I think people love it as much as I do!

8. appsmonkey

appsmonkey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There's a whole thread on the ePillow here, maybe someone there can help...
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/15180-epillow-ipad.html

9. jordanj

jordanj
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have been using the bookseat with my ipad in bed. It seems to work well and can be adjusted to different positions. The company itself does not ship internationally (from Australia), but I managed to get it form The Gallerie.
    (thegallerie.com.au/content/BOOK-SEAT)

10. maryinredding

maryinredding
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It looks like it only lets you use it in landscape mode. I like having the option to use it either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.