What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominusRegnavit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the epillow for the ipad, it's by far the best for reading in bed!!

Go to: epillow(dot)net

Or search for the video on Youtube.

I don't actually own one, but my mom and sister in law do, and they love it. I've used theirs a bit too, and it's really comfy.

Lofti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered The Lap Log a couple days ago....if anyone is interested I can post a review when I get it....

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if one of those pyramid pillows would work.

I use a Peeramid bookrest to prop up the iPad/books, which works just fine for my needs.

414r7pj5vbL._AA300_.jpg

cf. Hog Wild Peeramid Bookrest, Navy Blue

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered The Lap Log a couple days ago....if anyone is interested I can post a review when I get it....
I have a Lap Log - it is perfect, as you can adjust it to any angle and it is very stable. Beautifully simple - you won't be disappointed.

I haven't flown since getting it, but it will be ideal on a plane too - when you feel like sleeping, it could double as a pillow to put behind your head/neck.

Ms Deb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will an Ipad in a case fit in the Lap Log? I am using the Bookseat Book Holder now and I like it, but I don't love the lucite Bar that holds your ipad in. I am afraid that it might scratch. I might try lining it with felt, but thought I might like the Lap Log better.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Lap Log has a slot/channel for the iPad to sit in. This piece is made of wood, so it will not scratch anything. Whether your case will fit depends on its size - the slot is approx 1cm from front to back, so if your case (or its flap) is no thicker than that, it should be OK.

Lofti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ms Deb said:
Will an Ipad in a case fit in the Lap Log? I am using the Bookseat Book Holder now and I like it, but I don't love the lucite Bar that holds your ipad in. I am afraid that it might scratch. I might try lining it with felt, but thought I might like the Lap Log better.

I love the Lap Log...I have a leather flap case on my iPad...a little thicker then the Apple case and it fits in perfectly.....

Ms Deb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for getting back to me. I think I will try one. Do you all have the original or the newer one inch smaller model?

Lofti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ms Deb said:
Thank you both for getting back to me. I think I will try one. Do you all have the original or the newer one inch smaller model?

I have the newer one...black. A good size....just right for the ipad....not too big to handle on your lap and better for travel. The Lap Log is simple yet does exactly what it is supposed to do. I was emailing with the creator (good with his replies) and they have 2 new designs he showed me (same size just diff fabric) so you could ask him about those if you don't like the 6 shown on the site.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure whether mine is an early or recent model. It is approx 10" long x 4" diameter. Just the right length IMO - same length as the iPad in landscape mode. It is a sort of neutral/cream color (plain, no pattern) with brown piping.

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am the owner of Padholdr, and I've been trying to find a solution for an iPad holder while I'm laying in bed. Is the Lap Log the way to go while you are actually laying in bed and not sitting up in bed?

What would be some things that people would love to see if there was a custom holder built for using your iPad while your in bed?

I'm thinking a piece that slides between the box spring and mattress that has an arm that adjusts to the viewing angle that you need?

Ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts