What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading documents on Ipad 2

miekedc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am trying to upload Word documents to my Ipad 2. This works fine. However, these documents contain symbols and when I open these documents on my Ipad, they sometimes appear correctly, and sometimes not.... How is that possible? What can I do to avoid this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am trying to upload Word documents to my Ipad 2. This works fine. However, these documents contain symbols and when I open these documents on my Ipad, they sometimes appear correctly, and sometimes not.... How is that possible? What can I do to avoid this?

What program are you using to display the Word documents on your iPad. The Office apps on the iPad are 'stripped down' versions of their desktop counterparts and several features have been omitted, for example a limited range of fonts. So it may well be that the document you're uploading contains fonts that are not supported by the app that you're using.

I use Apple's iWorks Pages Word-compatible app. It has the same issue, but it always 'warns you' when opening a document if it contains fonts that it doesn't support.

Tim
PS I've moved this thread to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention. I hope this is OK.

OP
M

miekedc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Pages. I am just amazed that sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't ...

Most reactions

Latest posts