What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading books on Itv using Ipad?

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to access our kindle app on the Itv via our IPads?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you mean the AppleTV?

Mirroring works with the Kindle app. The controls stay on the iPad, of course, but you can view the screen over Airplay (mirroring).

Disclaimer: I'm using the program Reflections on a Mac to mirror to my computer, not AppleTV, but it should work the same.

Last edited:
OP
Diesel

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, yes, I meant Apple TV.

How does mirroring work? do you just log on to your account through the Apple TV and gain access that way?

Thx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, the device you are going to AirPlay to needs to be on, and connected to the wi-fi network.

Then you go to the multitask bar (either by double tapping the home button or swiping up with four fingers). Swipe the bar to the right to reveal the controls. There you will see (only if an AirPlay client is available) an icon that looks like a rectangle with a triangle piercing it from the bottom. Tap that to see your available devices. Select the desired device, then turn on Mirroring.

Mirroring.jpg

The reason for the Mirroring button is that some apps have their own AirPlay outputs (like some video or presentation apps). In those cases you usually want to show the apps output on the screen, not a copy of what the iPad is showing.

Most reactions

Latest posts