1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Read receipt / exchange

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Wayne Bruton, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Wayne Bruton

Wayne Bruton iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    2 questions. Can one request a read receipt on the mail app on the iPad? 2) I have successfully set up my exchange mail on my iPad. On my laptop, when I am on the network it checks mail, when I am at home the outlook mail automatically looks at a proxy server to check my mail as I am not on the network. Can the iPad do this too? I have done my exchange mail twice, once for when I am on the office network and again when I am at home or on my SIM card or another wireless network. Ideally I would like to have one exchange account that knows it must use one or the other depending on when I am on the network or not. Is this possible?
    Thanks Wayne
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

I can answer the first question. Unfortunately, it's with a "no" as there is no way to use the iPad Mail app to request a read receipt. Sorry.

For the second part, sorry, but I hope someone else will be along to assist. I'm not that we'll versed in how varying e-mail accounts work...

Oh, and I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn
  3. Wayne Bruton

Wayne Bruton iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Marilyn, posting more than once was an accident as I realized I had posted in the wrong forum.

Kind regards wayne