What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Read only calendar app

TheGreatSaltini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hunting for an app that we can display for our business. It would show the company calendar(Exchange), but not allow the person viewing it to edit it. It would be a plus if the calendar also always stayed on the current day. Is there anything like this? I've been having a hard time finding it.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you share a calendar to the Calendar app on the iPad as a view-only calendar, that should be what you get.

I'm not sure if or how well Exchange calendars are supported on the iPad. My suggestion is to create one, then use the (probably built-in) ability to email the view-only link to your iPad. In Mail on the iPad, tapping on the link should get you the option to add it to the Calendars app.

This assumes that you're IT department has the servers set up so you can share calendars outside the business' network.

OP
T

TheGreatSaltini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I've set it up to run the default calendar app in guided access mode. The share link wasn't an option because our servers aren't set up for that. Now I'm just hoping that the calendar automatically transitions into the next day's view at midnight. Only time will tell.

OP
T

TheGreatSaltini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I checked back this morning and the calendar is still stuck on yesterday. It did not advance to the next day at midnight. Anyone know of a calendar app that does this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I first responded, I thought you were sharing this calendar to various employees. Now, it sounds like you're using it as a kiosk. Which leaves me even more at a loss for suggestions.

OP
T

TheGreatSaltini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I think I might be onto something here. Downloaded the app "Calendars by Readdle" and left it on overnight. It seems to have transitioned over to the next day automatically.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Calendars 5? Nice app. I ended up using Fantastical 2, but I've used the Readdle one. It was a tough choice between the two.

But for your use, Fantastical 2 probably wouldn't work as well.

OP
T

TheGreatSaltini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard lots of good things about Fantastical. Just a little hesitant to drop the money on it and then find out it doesn't transition to the next day at midnight. May still end up trying it though, because it looks pretty!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Calendars 5? Nice app. I ended up using Fantastical 2, but I've used the Readdle one. It was a tough choice between the two.

But for your use, Fantastical 2 probably wouldn't work as well.

Just seen your post. A query. Can the colour of the top bar on iPad be changed from the revolting red ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. There is a light theme that gets rid of the black, but the red header remains the same.

I rather like the red.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417374185.880557.jpg

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. There is a light theme that gets rid of the black, but the red header remains the same.

I rather like the red.

View attachment 61493
Hate the red, use the dark theme, BUT the developers are not consistent in that all input screens for events or reminders are in light theme. Very remiss of them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hate the red, use the dark theme, BUT the developers are not consistent in that all input screens for events or reminders are in light theme. Very remiss of them.

I never really noticed. I do most of my input/editing on the iPhone, the computer, or even Siri. I seldom do more than look at the app on the iPad; where being able to see just about everything on one screen is handy.

Then, the light theme is fairly recent. It will probably get better over the next update or two.

Most reactions

Latest posts