What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reached the limit of synching iPad to 5 PCs

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What will happen if I have reached the limit of synching my iPad to five computers?
I am eager to delete all other three computers I have synched my iPad to.

Thanks!

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Altha! Have a look at this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420

Hi Leelai,

I sent an email to support because I don't have my laptop with me to do the procedure. I tried to do it in this iPad but the deauthorise button was not there.
I have synched this to two computers so far and I wanted to know what would happen if I reached the limit and to deauthorise those two computers that were synched to my computer yesterday. The instruction says that: If its less than two computers the deauthorise button will not appear but if theres 2 or more it will appear. Since it did not, then that means it probably should be done through my laptop. I'll just wait if it can be done through support team first. ;)

Thanks much xxx

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Leelai,

I sent an email to support because I don't have my laptop with me to do the procedure. I tried to do it in this iPad but the deauthorise button was not there.
I have synched this to two computers so far and I wanted to know what would happen if I reached the limit and to deauthorise those two computers that were synched to my computer yesterday. The instruction says that: If its less than two computers the deauthorise button will not appear but if theres 2 or more it will appear. Since it did not, then that means it probably should be done through my laptop. I'll just wait if it can be done through support team first. ;)

Thanks much xxx

Sounds like a good plan.....good luck with it all and let us know what does happen.

Thanks too!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just to add some clarification for other's who stumble across the thread. The 5 PC authorization limit is for the iPad's iTunes Account on various computers.

The iPad itself should never by synced with more than one computer, as it can cause all kinds of issues with the iTunes libraries on the computer(s) and iPad. Normally, the iPad won't let you sync it with more than one computer at a time, and warn you when you try.

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought this would help everyone who come across this thread....
Heres the reply from Apple.

Hello Altha,

My name is Fritz, from the iTunes Store Customer Support and I hope you are doing well today.

I understand that you would like to deauthorize all computers associated with your iPad and iTunes account. Please be assured that I will do my best to assist you today.

I have looked into this for you and please know that I have deauthorized all computers associated with your iPad and iTunes Store account. You can now reauthorize the computers that you intend to use.

For specific instructions on how to authorize and reauthorize a computer to play your iTunes Store purchases, please read the following technical support article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420

If you repair or upgrade certain components on your computer, one computer may use up multiple authorizations. If possible be sure to reauthorize your computer before you repair or upgrade it to avoid this.

If you find that you have computers you would like to reauthorize, you can reauthorize each computer individually by following the steps outlined in the following article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1206

Alternatively, if you have 2 or more computers authorized, you can reset your authorization count by clicking "Deauthorize All" on the Edit Account Information screen. Keep in mind that you can only use this feature once a year. The button will not appear if you have less than 2 computers authorized.

If you need further assistance, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you as much as I can. Thank you for choosing iTunes, Altha.

Sincerely,

Fritz
iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

Please Note: I work Monday-Friday, 8:00PM-5:00AM EST

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that was quick! Nicely done too.

Thank you for posting this here Altha as I'm sure this will now go on to help others also.

Enjoy!!

Most reactions

Latest posts