What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re r3e ipad two

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use wififofum on my iPad2. Works fine

err what exactly is your question?

"i r so leet i no wat u gun say 4 u say it"

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

ITMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty, where might I locate WiFiFoFum? I used it previously on an HP IPAQ to sniff out rogue access points on my internal network. I would love to have this tool on my iPhone or iPad for the same purpose. I tried to send a PM but did not have adequate post count since I usually just leach info from this great site. LOL

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wish I could give you a helpful answer but I originally got the app for my iPod before iPads were announced. I believe it was subsequently pulled because it used an unauthorised api.
I run it on all my iOs devices as it's very useful to discover and log onto nearby networks.

Hopefully someone could chime in here and recommend a suitable scanner app for the iPad.

ITMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears, based on several searches today, all wifi scanner apps have been pulled due to the api situation. It's a shame as both WiFiFoFum and WiFi Analyzer were both phenominal apps for identifying networks. I don't understand Apple leaving a plethora of crap apps in the store and pulling useful items such as these. I had to break out the old Droid Incredible today to trace down an access point in our building.

Most reactions