What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re Introducing myself

H

hazi1610

Good evening lovely apple people. I was on here previously as hazi1964 but left as I had decided to go for an Android tablet but the one I was going to get has sold out and there isn't another one I want.

Not only that, I joined the android tablet forums and found it to be rather a cold place to be, with practically no response to my questions. lol.

So, having been undecided and disappointed, I figured I WILL get the ipad 2, I know I will get all the help I need here as when I was here before, I had many many responses to my post/s.

I was concerned about the screen bleed issue with the ipad 2 but know that apple after sales service is second to none and I can be confident that if I were to end up with a faulty one, I could simply take it back and it would be exchanged.

So, I am now back and looking forward to becoming an ipad 2 owner. It's 14th July when I can get one so am hoping and praying I can get hold of one without having to wait. lol. Not very good at waiting me.

I see there is a jailbreak out now too and I watched the video of somebody doing it on a store one, cheeky. lol. Looks easy enough.

I am assuming that when ios5 is released (next month I believe?) that the jailbreak will be lost again but hopefully somebody will manage to do another one for the new ios.

Anyway, I now have, what, five days to go? Can't wait now. Not sure whether to go for 16g with wifi and 3g or just wi fi or the 32b wifi only. Will have to see what I can get my hands on on Thursday as that will probably be what makes my decision. rofl.

Sooooooo excited now.

Alison

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome back! I'm sure you'll like the iPad2, your right about the jailbreaks (if that's something you want to do ) it's a constant battle every time there's an update. I'm not JB'd myself, but this is a great place to learn if you're interested.

My IPad1 is 32gb + 3G, it's plenty "big" so I'm not too worried about filling it up, and although I don't use the 3G anymore (I used it exclusively for about 3 months when I got it) , I'm glad I have the option if ever I need it, ie traveling, or even more important, if my router goes down.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Molly.Malosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got an iPad2 and love it, except for that Mail refusal to relay issue.

Molly

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PHP:
Hi,

Just got an iPad2 and love it, except for that Mail refusal to relay issue.

Molly

You can overcome the Port 25 relay problem by switching your SMTP outgoing email settings to SSL and Port 465 and use your email address as your login and your receive email password as your SSL password, assuming your email service provider supports SSL (most do).

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts