What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

re-install applications to my new ipad

Fahad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i bought applications and games from app store to my ipad but had some problems with it and took back to the store and replace it now how can i get my downloads back again to my new ipad. do i need to buy them again or i can get them for free, if yes how. by the way i download them directly through my ipad.

Thanks

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you bought them via itunes just sync and they will be put back. If you look in itunes under Apps (left side) you will see what it knows about. If you downloaded them from your ipad then they may not be in your itunes library yet ( if you didn't sync), the app store will know what you have downloaded by the account you sign in with and you will not be charged again.

Last edited:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you bought directly through your old iPad via AppStore all you need to do on the new iPad is redownload using the same login, you'll not be charged, you'll instead get a popup message saying you've already purchased do you want to redownload/upgrade, click ok you're good to go.

hensjensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I play Wordfeud, and bought the premium version to support the developers and to get rid of the ads. After installing ios5.0 I had a lot of problems with photo's App's and music. I also had to reinstall wordfeud and the commercials are also back.
My question is. Is it remembers that I already bought the premium version. If so, what do I have to do?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it was through an "in app purchase", the developer sometimes provides a setting in the app to "Restore Purchases". Make sure you check all the options in the app. If not, then it is usually safe to purchase the same item again. iTunes remembers and will tell you, once you have tried to buy it, that you already own the item and you will not be charged again...

meeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes has now changed the "Buy" button of apps to "Download" if you have already bought them. At least now you can see if you will really be charged for the purchase.

Most reactions