What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random question

smed31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all :) So I'm thinking about getting a tablet and was looking at either the ipad2 or the galaxy tab 10.1.

I went to Best Buy today to get some hands-on testing and wanted to see if the ipad2 (as well as the galaxy tab) could go to certain sites and work. Sites were: nfl.com, espn.com (espn.go.com/nfl) and hulu.com I was able to get to all sites; however, hulu.com when I tried to play a random clip/movie it said it couldn't be viewed/played. Is this because it is flash-based or is it because Best Buy was blocking it? I saw some other things on nfl.com's site saying," this was blocked due to access restrictions, etc...."

so maybe BB was blocking hulu? My question is can you (anyone) get and stream movies/shows from hulu on the ipad2? I also had the same issue on the galaxy tab so that's what I'm thinking BB is blocking it...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best buy is not blocking it. The iPad doesn't have flash.
But, the lack of flash gets you more battery life, less hot CPU, and a very smooth web browsing interface. There is a hulu app however that works better than the online version.

OP
S

smed31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best buy is not blocking it. The iPad doesn't have flash.
But, the lack of flash gets you more battery life, less hot CPU, and a very smooth web browsing interface. There is a hulu app however that works better than the online version.

Ah okay. I know the ipad2 didn't have flash which kind of confused me that the nfl.com and espn sites worked since most have/are flash based. I know one of the ESPN videos that I randomly clicked on worked.

Thanks for the info. about the hulu app though :)

Most reactions

Latest posts