What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raft of cheaper tablets cheapening the iPad experience?

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Disagreee...the ipads sell more coz its an APPLE product..and thats the truth...people here are saying that they wud buy better ANDROID tablets if they were better that ipad..

So how do you explain so MANY android phones which are 'better' (and have more functions) than an iPhone still sell less [diff of millions..30 million :eek: ] than the iphone??

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how do you explain so MANY android phones which are 'better' (and have more functions) than an iPhone still sell less [diff of millions..30 million :eek: ] than the iphone??

I just bought an Android phone and I love it!

But wait ~ I should have bought the iphone so I would have TWO status symbols.

briancarteruk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutey, Apple fan or not.

Don't worry about other tablets flooding the market, this is natural progress. Just be concerned with your own affairs and enjoy them.

Hi..

I think he is right because nowadays you can hire an ipad within your budget. ipad rentals are quite active in today's market.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Disagreee...the ipads sell more coz its an APPLE product..and thats the truth...people here are saying that they wud buy better ANDROID tablets if they were better that ipad..

Android phones outsell iPhone. Try googling it. There's one iPhone and myriad Android phones that split the market.

"Better" is subjective, by the way.

The fact that there are more apps, and better protections against viruses and fraud with iPhones, are among its selling points. Try googling again, for instance, about how Google just purged dozens of apps from the Android marketplace because they were scamming people out of money. Here's a link describing such probs with Android:
Malicious Android apps double in 6 months - Security - News - ZDNet Australia

You might also note that iPhone was the first smart phone, and many people stick with what already works for them and what they're comfortable with, as with an OS that they're familiar with, and with apps and other iTunes content that they started buying years ago.

ipadfreaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a kindle fire but no way does it compare to the iPad. The only benefit it has is being able to watch live sports on espn.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Fire, too. It's limited compared with iPad, but it's less than half the price. I'm using mine mostly to read books, because of its size. I like the size, but I want 3G.

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would agree. I am a native Android user and love Android but i decided on an iPad over an Android because simply the others for my purpose arent good enough and the experience is a bit of a let down.

I use mine to read a lot of refencence guides for my work using ibook and love the experience. When i was evaluating the Android tablets the experience just wasnt the same....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would agree. I am a native Android user and love Android but i decided on an iPad over an Android because simply the others for my purpose arent good enough and the experience is a bit of a let down.

I use mine to read a lot of refencence guides for my work using ibook and love the experience. When i was evaluating the Android tablets the experience just wasnt the same....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

One of my co-workers returned his Fire and said he's going to break down and buy an iPad even though he doesn't like Apple's business practices, because he wants a tablet that works well.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! That is a true believer.

Would you prefer the first "modern" smart phone?

I'd hardly call myself a true believer, lol. I didn't buy my first iDevice (an iPod) till about five years ago, and didn't get an iPhone till the end of the 3G lifespan. I recently returned a MBP, because I'd used only Windows till then and found that I prefer it.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am comparing 1 iphone to 1 android phone..The correct comparison

right now:

1. iphone 4 = 74 million

2. Samsung Galaxy S2 = 44 million

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am comparing 1 iphone to 1 android phone..The correct comparison

right now:

1. iphone 4 = 74 million

2. Samsung Galaxy S2 = 44 million

That's a bogus comparison when the market is littered with Android phone options.

surgetek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a bogus comparison when the market is littered with Android phone options.

Alot of POS Android phones.

I don't have an Android phone, so I don't know which is, but take the best Android phone against the iPhone and see where it stands, that's a better comparison. The iPhone would surely win and mainly because it's the only option. If there were 10 different iPhone options then it would level out.

I do think that Apple is best against viruses, that's why I have a Mac. I also know not to dabble in questionable apps/websites/link on my Xoom.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alot of POS Android phones.

I don't have an Android phone, so I don't know which is, but take the best Android phone against the iPhone and see where it stands, that's a better comparison.

If you don't know Android phones, how are you in a position to decide even subjectively which are POS?

From what I've read, there are a good number of good Android phones. I've not switched to Android yet, but expect to. I'm holding off till the risks are worth it. For me, a hybrid phone-tablet like the Samsung Galaxy Note might be worth giving up the convenience of having all my mobile devices work together seamlessly, as they do on iOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts