Radiology Devices & Applications

Discussion in 'iPad for Health Forum' started by SKP1001, Jun 6, 2012.

1. SKP1001

SKP1001 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Does the iPad have any Radiology applications/devices available?

I worked in the hospitals in the past and we did not have the technology which is available today. I am home with my children for now, but wondered what was available for radiologists, radiological technologists, as well as nurses in this area.

2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,076 / 0
    Hello SKP1001 - I just responded to another of your posts on medical wallpaper. The iPad is impacting on the medical profession in many ways and radiology is not being left behind; again use Google and enter 'iPad radiology apps' - one that I just finished reading is Linked HERE - take a look!

Of course, medical textbooks at all levels are being released in e-editions - I'm a recently retired academic radiologist and one of the last books that I helped to write and edit is shown below and is available as a Kindle purchase on Amazon - SO much to explore in your question - good luck! :)

41uQai1rOhL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,303 / 1
    Hi SKP...

What exactly are you looking for in terms of radiology profession...or are you looking at things in general within the Medical Field?

Have you looked at the Medscape App? I am sure that you are familiar with this app since it is readily used by many health care professionals. I use it quite a bit both at the clinic as well as at home.

See this thread that I created regarding Medscape and Merck Manual. The Medscape has a great deal of information here and the good thing is that it is free!
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-health-forum/76253-webmd-medscape-app.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-health-forum/76245-merck-manual-home-edition-app.html

H
    Ope this helps you with your find. Let us know what you come up with!