What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

radar in clock?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I looked at the clock that comes with ipad & see something called radar at the bottom, what exactly does this mean?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The options I get in my Clock app:
image-1327896012.jpg
There's no radar.

Could you make a screenshot to show what you're referring to, if it's different than mine? (Short press Home and Power button simultaneously.)

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've done a screenshot & saved it & copied it but can't see how I can paste it here.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use the app: tap to reply, then choose Advanced:

image-2157082099.jpg

image-1791600833.jpg

Now choose "Attach from photos". A popup will show the pictures in your photo app. (Maybe the app will ask you to access photos, you should agree.)
Tap the picture you want to post, then wait until it's loaded.
Then tap somewhere in the bar with the chosen picture

image-1232858214.jpg

Here, choose Insert inline.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ok, it should be here now - I emailed the screenshot to myself & opened it on my PC then saved it & attached it here! Phew! At the bottome can you see where it says "radar"? thats what Id like to know about!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 273

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see!
This is what Radar is for:

image-102044548.jpg

Tap Radar to choose the melody which should remind you that the time is over.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah, right, thanks - silly me! Should have known thats what Apple meant!:rolleyes:

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
maybe you can help with my other ( & far more annoying) problem? Why, since upgrading to ios7, will my ipad no longer save usernames & passwords for site such as this? _ I have all the right boxes clicked (i think!) in settings

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
maybe you can help with my other ( & far more annoying) problem? Why, since upgrading to ios7, will my ipad no longer save usernames & passwords for site such as this? _ I have all the right boxes clicked (i think!) in settings

Well, glad that you liked my answer to the Radar question - :) Now, I've only been on iOS 7 for a few days, so still learning myself - if not already done, you might want to download the iPad iOS 7 Manual - Chapter 7 discusses Safari (assume that is the browser you are using above?); you can go into Settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill and look at the options there which will hopefully resolve your questions (below a screen capture from my iPad on the new iOS) - ALSO, note that if your inquires are not resolved w/ these suggestions, you might want to start a new thread w/ your question on this issue - your current post was 'tacked onto' another question about ringtones and may not be noticed - just a suggestion. Good luck - Dave

SafariAutoFill.PNG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, it should be here now - I emailed the screenshot to myself & opened it on my PC then saved it & attached it here! Phew! At the bottome can you see where it says "radar"? thats what Id like to know about!
that's for the alarm that sounds when the timer countdown reaches 0. If you tap on it you will see a list of available sounds that can be used. Here's the timer in my clock app.

image-4171214600.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tidbit:

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the ringtone choices you'll see a Stop Playing option. Choose this, start your timer, then go to your favorite music app and start it playing in the background. When the timer runs out, the music stops.

It's a kind or round about way of implementing a sleep to music feature, but there you go.

Most reactions

Latest posts