1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

R4sleep

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by R4SLEEP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. R4SLEEP

R4SLEEP iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI, I give dental anesthesia that's why the handle. I'm new to our I-pad2 owned by my wife and i. We are trying to do health lectures by using our I-pad for notes from our power point presentations.
    How do we get those ppt files changed to something compatible with I-pad?
    Our hobbles are photography and gardening.
    Thanks
  2. JFrazier

JFrazier iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Quick office can open and create Ppt files
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim
  4. GlennTX

GlennTX iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have (and use) "Docs To Go" for the iPad. It works very nicely for PPT files.