What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quicklock

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a version or similar app like the above for non-jail broken iPods,iPads and iPhones that have a faulty sleep button?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a version or similar app like the above for non-jail broken iPods,iPads and iPhones that have a faulty sleep button?

I don't think so. But, if you have a faulty sleep button, can't you use the Autolock settings to put your iPad into Sleep mode? The Home button will always bring it back to life again.

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I don't think so. But, if you have a faulty sleep button, can't you use the Autolock settings to put your iPad into Sleep mode? The Home button will always bring it back to life again.

Tim
Scotland

Yes, but in the event that I'm on a plane or want to turn it off to conserve power?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - good point!! Yes, you might need to turn it off immediately - even the 1 minute Autolock might be too long. I don't think there's another option. There are a number of repair shops that advertise specifically fixing faulty Power buttons - it seems to be common enough that there's a market there. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
If you are on an airplane, you don't actually need to turn the iPad off. It is enough when the 3G connection is turned off.

Also, depending where you live, you might want to visit an Apple Store, as they should give you a free replacement unit for any hardware issues arising within the first year of purchase.

Most reactions

Latest posts