What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick typing=funny letters added !

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As anyone got this problem before ...if yes .... how didvyou solve it !

If i type quickly on the keyboard of my ipad, unwanted letters are added between words. As a matter of fact, you can see what I mean since the problem occured when I was typing the first line of this message.
You can see that the letter v was added between the words did and you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As anyone got this problem before ...if yes .... how didvyou solve it !

If i type quickly on the keyboard of my ipad, unwanted letters are added between words. As a matter of fact, you can see what I mean since the problem occured when I was typing the first line of this message.
You can see that the letter v was added between the words did and you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Proofreading.

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The spacebar can be annoyingly easy to 'miss', despite it's size. I do find it frustrating that autocorrect works very well for mistyped words, but seems to miss obviously missed spaces when a rogue letter is inserted between two valid words.

I do proof read, and in this case my spelling was ok, but I used the word miss and it's derivatives far too many times.

iWant my iCloud

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do that when I type fast. If you notice, all the letters you hit wrong are in the bottom row above the spacebar. So you go for the spacebar, but you hit a letter. It happens all the time.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same issue on ipad3 ... If I type fast, I get incorrect characters and the cursor jumps so I will type and somehow I am now typing within a word. I have to type with 1/2 to 1 second pause for it to not do this. Why is this happening?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dahauss said:
Any fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You just have to be careful when tapping the space bar that your fingers don't accidentally touch any of the letters immediately above the bar.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do that all the time,miss the space bar and hit the bottom row,i cant seem to type slowly so its inevitable.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You just have to be careful when tapping the space bar that your fingers don't accidentally touch any of the letters immediately above the bar.

I don't and sometimes cursor jumps in middle of word.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured out what it was. I jailbroke my phone and installed swipe selection keyboard hack. This was causing cursor to jump around and also type Wong characters. I uninstalled and now ha e no keyboard.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPad-related forum. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured out what it was. I jailbroke my phone and installed swipe selection keyboard hack. This was causing cursor to jump around and also type Wong characters. I uninstalled and now ha e no keyboard.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPad-related forum. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Sorry. This was Link to discussion of others with same issue

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

Latest posts