What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick question

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I turn on my ipad2 I have a small icon that if I press opens my photo folder. How do I delete that from my start up screen?

As always thanks in advance

ThePhotog Jon

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you talking about the flower icon on the lock screen? It's called Picture Frame. You can't remove it without jailbreaking, and I'm not certain if there is a tweak to remove it even then.

You can change it's settings in the Settings app under Picture Frame.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been playing around with this.

'Settings', 'General', 'Passcode Lock' -> set it to 'On', 'Picture Frame' -> 'Off'

Startup Screen -> No picture frame but you have to type the passcode when you turn the iPad on

'Settings', 'General', 'Passcode Lock' -> set it to 'Off', leave Picture Frame 'Off'

Startup Screen -> Picture Frame returns even though it's set to 'Off'

Googled this and it seems to be a 'feature'.....

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I've never bothered with the Passcode Lock option. Sounds like a bit too much trouble just to get rid of the Picture Frame option. On the other hand, the OP might already be locking the iPad, and want's to make sure the slide show is also unavailable. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never use passcode lock either, but moderating was going slowly :) - none of the usual spammers - so I had some spare time...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts